PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What effect does the new cadet program requirement has on the future of DESO/FO?
Old 21st Jun 2009, 06:31
mizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I see what your saying now and your point is taken. Take care and good luck
honest speaking, i do think western cadet will move on to other much better pay carrier when they have finished the contract or when they have enough hours unless something is tying them to HK. local cadet is different, many of their roots are here, harder to move.

i
do wonder, though, how CX plans to attract expatriate cadets with such a package. if these expatriate cadets are also trained from ab-initio, how would they view the fact that they are being given a local contract?
well, 13 months form nothing or just a few hundreds + 1 interview to working for a major airline flying wide-bodies vs 4/5 yrs min. (instructing/regional time) then possible a chance to have interview offer. this is the attractive part. if i already am instrcuting, i would definately aim for DEFO, or DESO (if still offering). after all, you already know the terms when you send the appication, cant have a "red-eye" on the expats package.

It actually sounds like a much better plan than what they have been doing. What would happen to the SOs though? Will they upgrade all the SOs then start hiring DEFOs when they need them?
i don't thik they will wait as long as they can start hiring DEFO. i think upgrade will properly like the current DEFO/SO procedure (a mess).

As far as your costs of living, I'd suggest to you that they don't care. This just another step to prove that Cathay is already a low cost carrier. The Premier FLag airline of 20 years ago is long dead.
PRC has more teh 1 bil people, i honestly believed that whoever could go through the CPP process, they really are the top few percents. on the other hands, working visa is another problem, not as simple as other foreigners.

sorry for a bit long reply!