PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 03:37
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELAC;

Thanks, I hadn't seen that photo either, so that helps with "scale". I think your assessment of the grease marks is as reasonable as anything we can put forward and would agree.

On the canoe, re not being the RAT door, yes, concur - I think the black line is a sealant not a door.

There is a photo that came out right at the beginning when the photo of the galley showed up (around the 7th) that showed a lot of wiring and air conditioning ducting. I think that's from the cockpit area as well - that's where a lot of complex airconditioning ducting is found, in the overhead ceiling area. Again, entirely a guess; there's a honeycomb hatch-structure in the background upon which all this material is either resting or attached. There also appears to be a "stringer" structure in the darkened background but this may just be the ground cloth etc the material is lying upon - imagination is okay so long as its controlled.

The exercise of identifying parts is worthwhile even here; we just never know.

HarryMan;
Do we know how that is fixed in the EE bay,
Yes, I have the AMM drawings of the actual installation but didn't want to put too much detail here. The schematic I provided is quite specific on where it is mounted (right below the F/O's seat location) but not how - it's strapped down, longitudinal axis perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the aircraft, with the valve/regulator facing starboard.

Last edited by PJ2; 21st Jun 2009 at 04:06.