PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 20th Jun 2009, 22:33
BongleBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
firstly, i'd like to say that i am on the fence about the vote. most of the guys i fly with aren't voting, the most common reason seems to be bad experiences with balpa at previous airlines. the second officers seem to be believing the tripe that eddy/mol/pb are producing and are scared - especially since the uk base freeze and threat of uk base closures. when i first heard about the vote i was determined to vote for it. i'm not in balpa but i understand (from link on repaweb) that i can have my say regardless.
the reason i am now undecided isn't because of threats from management - i think we all know the talk of closing uk bases etc if balpa are introduced is empty bull, it's actually from colleagues comments.

this comment wont go down well, but i fall in the same category as mrsryan, i too am a happy jellyfish - and have also been accused of being management before. that pisses me off. you guys with such strong anti-ryanair management feelings don't seem to understand that there are plenty who are happy with life at ryanair. are there 50% like us? from those i fly with; i think there are.

anyway, i've been told that a couple of bases are well above their target of getting voters - those are both southern bases, but others are falling short. in my opinion i don't think it will go through.

can anyone tell me when exactly the ballot closes?

cheers,

b bear

p.s. i know this is the thread about the skipper who got fired, apologies about my part in steering it the wrong way. he didn't deserve it, nice guy. i'm sure when the dust settles, whichever way the vote goes, he'll have his day in court and collect a nice settlement. i know he's reading this, so good luck.