PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 22:32
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks - since the last pics were posted by Damian (excellent work, by the way) we have had a frenzy of "it's this bit!"/"no it isn't it's this bit"/"it broke off this way" - coming up now to 200 posts.

May I suggest:

There are investigators in S America who can readily determine what and how - far better than anyone here from a photo

All this incredible knowledge and intellect (I am NOT being facetious) SHOULD surely be directed at what started all this?

It appears that for at least 4 minutes it was phoning home to mother about all the things that were going wrong. No 'sudden' breakup/explosive lightning bolt. The apparent loss of successive bits of important flight information must surely be a one-way street to loss of control with an inevitable consequence, given the time, altitude and weather conditions. Where 'this bit and that bit came from and how' FROM HERE - after 20+ days of wreckage release and drift is not actually going to do anything for the investigation. I believe attention to systems, software and pilot training/drills is where we should focus. A thorough understanding of the way these apparent failures interact and are handled would be useful.

The latest 'news' of the "water leak" (presumably triggered by the release of the Toilet waste ACARS?) does not ring true either. I can understand the theory but I come back to the time scale and I cannot see how any water leak could cause the apparently failing pressure sensors UNLESS it was leaking into an E&E bay, of course. (I've seen the effects of that!). Surely too much of a coincidence?