PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 20th Jun 2009, 21:39
snaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bronx. You ask
Do the anti Ryanair lobby really believe every Ryanair pilot agrees with their views and anyone who doesn't is either MOL or someone else from Ryanair management?
Nope, not necessarily. However neither is it entirely a matter of conspiracy theories and the like. Ryanair takes pilot opinion a lot more seriously than do their pilots (more's the shame on the pilots). For this reason they, and their fellow travellers frequent various places to preach the doctrine to "un-believers". (Among other things they make a lot of money from training cadets and want to keep the gullible lined up to part with money).

Such posters often suffer from the same disease as any true believer in anything, which is a certain tendancy to blindness, ideological purity, an unwillingness to admit to ANY deficiencies, consistently being on message, etc. There are indeed exceptions, most often young "cadets" who think that they owe the Ryanair model of exploitation some form of loyalty once they have spent a lot of money getting into Ryanair and signing onto a lot of debt. Buy the job and buy the model of continual pay decreases (sorry, I meant "responses to the competitive environment").

As the coincidence would have it, our brand new poster(first post!) - Mrs Ryan who posts with clear knowledge and confidence - has produced a classic pro-Ryanair post. It would be tedious to do an analysis of all the key "talking points" and positives about Ryanair (a token couple of which are correct), but if you pay close attention to each phrase, there is a lot to learn. Then watch out for the same routine elsewhere. The question is whether or not Mrs Ryan is a real Ryanair pilot. I, for one, doubt it very much.

More difficult to catch are those who do the "I'm completely with you, but I would like to point out why you're going to fail/are all doomed" type of post. But in the end they too give themselves away.

By the way, the opposite is just as true. It is easy to spot the opposition. But, in general, the opposition don't need to hide anything as they just want people to open their eyes to a rather blinding reality (something I tried to encourage in my post above as a parting shot before heading off on holiday tomorrow). Sit back and enjoy it all ... and await the arrival of the "heavy gunnery" Leo H-C who most assuredly is a commited believer in the Church of Ryanair Pilots, and a real Ryanair pilot.