PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 19:39
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACLS6;

Thanks for your trouble in finding the galley photos. I did have these two galley photos in doing my own searching and you're right, the first one is the rear galley; the second one doesn't show enough to confirm it's position. The quoted note in takata's post is very helpful however, so we know that the recovered galley section almost certainly came from the front of the aircraft as Been Accounting has said.

Takata's quoted post (from Airliners.net) if very helpful as it confirms what I had earlier posted regarding the defibrilator case - the orange case in photographs posted earlier is likely the Doctors Kit then.

ttcse;
In the recovered gallery section, photo page 92, I assumed the storage bins for metal bins were on the lower part. Now it seems that section would be on top as installed in the aircraft. And then those bent support tabs are attached somewhere near the ceiling. That makes much more sense.
Yes, correct of course, my mistake, (that's my own hindsight bias going from memory. We have to be so careful). The trolleys are stored in the larger section which is the open area without the bottom in this recovered section. The supports are on the top and I have confirmed this in the AMM.

captainflame;
Looks like the RAT door to me.
I thought so too and this drawing from the AMM seems to confirm the shape of the "black line" which we are assuming is the RAT door and not just a manufacturing join in one of the canoes. The RAT is stored in the #4 flap-track canoe on the right wing. Still, I think the photo is vague enough that we cant be sure:

Though AF may be different there are typically only two locations where dual seating arrangements are installed - at the rear galley on both port and starboard sides at R4 and L4, facing forward, (possibly making the seats recovered the starboard set), and forward at L1 (port side) at the main entry just behind the cockpit:

Machaca, ELAC;

Machaca, thanks for your comments - On which flight control we are seeing in the collected wreckage, the elevator, aileron and flap surfaces have been suggested. Both size, (about a meter in width) and the two slots on the right side of the photo may make the most likely control the inboard aileron. As you point out, the 'D' leading edge structure behind the slat is perhaps a bit small for a wing leading edge.

In the AMM I've examined the attach points for the flaps and these attach points are on the bottom leading edge of both inboard and outboard flaps which are then attached to the flap linkage on the flap track itself. I cannot say for sure but there does not appear to be a slot through which the flap and rod attach lug protrudes. Also, with the aileron, there are two distinct slots, and although there is damage in the referenced area in the photo, there appears to be the beginnings of a slot on the right-hand side.

All speculative of course but with data in hand:

and,

whereas the slots in the visible structure recovered suggest an aileron structure.

What appears to be one end of the structure can be seen neaer the end of the oxygen bottle in this photograph thus, given the location of the slots, this may suggest an aileron from the right wing:

Last edited by PJ2; 20th Jun 2009 at 19:55.