PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 20th Jun 2009, 17:39
MrsRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Jellyfish!!

Ryanair pilots are not mugs. We are not spineless jellyfish and neither are we slaves. Just a few of the ignorant comments left by god knows who. I enjoy and take pride in my job. There are some great benifits to flying for Ryanair.I never fly through the night. I don't have to get fat on greasy, salty, cooked to within an inch of it's life crew food. I don't have to sit next to a captain who does nothing but moan about his pension. I work a fixed roster of 5 on 4 off, get 2 lots of 2 weeks holiday in the summer and a month off in the winter to fekk off somewhere warm and sunny. This ensures I don't get S.A.D. and end up forever posting sh&te on forums like this. O...and I get payed pretty well too.Balpa are intent on ruining things as far as I can see. Here is a fact rightly or wrongly, Ryanair hate Balpa. And, Balpa hate Ryanair and only want to protect the interests of B.A. And lets get one more thing straight, Ryanair play hardball when they want to,they take on the monopolising BAA, they pull out of bases when the (Spanish)authorities give unfair advantages and funding to their local airlines (Valencia)and that's why (whether you guys like it or not) they have a thriving business which offers the best and only real long term job security you can get. Nobody wants to see folk getting sacked but this is not a good time for unions.