PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 20th Jun 2009, 14:34
matteolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coming in NZ....a dream or a possibility??

Hi, I am a 20 years old boy from Italy.

In this moment I am finishing my JAA CPL, but I always considered the Idea of escape from here and have an exeperience abroad, that for me is essential.

I always be fascinating in New Zeland, so I began to serch on the web Heli Schools where to convert my CPL and maybe do an Instructor Rating.

I am not a rich young boy that want to throw out of the window his $$$$, but fortunately I have a family that helped me during my studies here in Italy, and I had always work hard.

So now that I am finishing my CPL, and I have some money I was seriously thinking to transform my dream in reality.

After some research I find some Schools (North Shore helicopter at the beginning of the list) that can help me to convert my JAA license, and get an Instructor rating, at an accettable price.

The originally Idea was to get a work holiday visa, so that I can also work legally and mantain myself, while converting the license, and after start to search a job.

Sadly few days ago I found this Thread, and now I am a bit confused.

All that I can read is that in this moment NZ is not one of the most suitable place for young pilot, and if kiwi's have to go abroad to find a work probably a foreing pilot has not possibilities to found one.

In the past I considered also AU (you write that is more suitable place for young pistons pilots) but then I leave that Idea because there the minimun hour standar are higher than NZ. If I am not wrong to become an instructor I need 400TT hours O.O how it can be that place good for a newbies??

Now can anyone of you, that sure have more exeperience than me, give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much

Matteo