PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 12:16
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MH.

I guessed it might have been a stand-in because the CDG passenger figures for May don't suggest the route has begun to burst at the seams with would-be travellers clamouring for tickets.

B_T

I fear this may have been a Freudian slip. I had heard rumours of the BRS management seeking to establish a route to the Russian Far East to accommodate all those gold prospectors currently seeking their fortunes along the northern slopes of Dundry Hill.

Does show how bags can easily be mis-directed with a slip of one letter. I should know. Some years ago we came back from Phoenix, Az on a circuitous route via Minneapolis and Amsterdam to Bristol. On arrival at BRS - no hold bags. I was blaming the notorious AMS baggage black hole (it was then anyway) but it was not Schipol's fault that time. They turned up a day or two later and I discovered the check-in agent at Phoenix had inserted BRU as final destination instead of BRS. I don't think he was taking the Manekin.

It seems the FRA went out with a bit of a bang in April, so far as passenger volume was concerned.

8,700 used the route, more than in both September and October last year when there were three rotations every day of the week.

It's likely that April's load factor was the highest month of the route's short history. As usual, I add the rider that yield is the important thing but as this route often had high fares and was a feeder into LH's world-wide network, I doubt that giveaway fares in April were the reason.

I haven't used BRS for a while either, but that's down to personal circumstances. However, I am booked to Glasgow soon so will be interested to see how the place is ticking over.