PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPP: open for all nationalities!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 09:44
misu11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly id like to say im a 100% behind holdmetight. What he is saying m akes complete sense yet I hear the same people saying the same things over and over and over. There is NO Competition! Wake the hell up!
HAHA!! This is what i mentioned taking advantages, for expat, they suppose to has no any chance to apply. But now, they have. I understand how tough to be a pilot in your home country. but if same thing happen in your home country, would you say the same thing?
Also, I have repeated to say. Who would know the ruler of CX? Do you know how many slot will be opened? do you know the pass mark?
this is not kind of the case that all applicant pass, CX will take all of the applicant. such as there are 100 applicant, pass is 50%, 90% of applicant over 50, slot only 10, would they still take all 90% people to be cadet?
Is there no competition?

Also, would you think there are few people to apply entire world. As I said, cake is such big, what is the chance to have 1 of it?

In my opinion they will most probably hire the same amount of locals and add to that some foreigners to fill the gaps. Therefore nothing changes for you guys.
Who knows, CX didn't mention amount of slot for local and expat.

i certainly don't agree that for expatriate cadets, this is an opportunity for "free training and good pay". well, certainly not the latter. with no other forms of renumeration outside their basic pay package, these expats are on their own in HKG. they have to pay for their own housing, tax, bills... everything out of their own pocket. in the end, they don't take home a lot of money, and that is only exacerbated when they exchange what remains of their hard-earned cash into the currency they use at home.
Please read the other topic what mizzy calculation. They would attract people what mizzy said. After they become CX pilot, What will they look for the next step? How long would it take to become a captain in CX and others airline? when they leave CX, they would have wide body and international flight experience which would be very useful for their career. They would apply to other airlines with expat pay. they may strictly be a expat captain.

After you fly around 4-5 yrs, would you just keep to say about passion? you will look about the money, living standard and family. With HK high living cost, different living style, will they stay for CX to whole life. Don't forget they may have family waiting for them in home country.

For the airline, they are looking for people to become a captain, not the cadet pilot or FO.

For the local, Hong Kong is their home. Are they willing to leave?

Let wait & see. I would predict there will be less and less HK wannabes to be a cadet program.