PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What effect does the new cadet program requirement has on the future of DESO/FO?
Old 20th Jun 2009, 09:00
mizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is funny that you all assume that the waiver of the HKID card requirement means they will bring in western expats. They would never do that. A western pilot has the option to piss-off if they don't like it here.

No, this new requirement is to bring in mainlanders to Cathay. No matter how low we think Cathay's cadet program package is, it is much better than what you make as a Chinese pilot in Mainland. Guarantee that

This will allow them to hire masses more pilots and get rid of the really expensive ones... you and me.

i don't think the HKID wavier is targeted on the mainland people. their overall standard, english in particular can hardly fulfilled the CX standard. on the other hand, western with low or no experience is their target or people around the asia pacific region. please don;t forget that expats package is designed to attract expats and the CPP is designed to attract non-expats. well, after all, this CPP really can cut cost but at the same time, is a great opportunity for low hrs pilot or prople w/ no perious experience but wish to jumpstart a career in aviation.

Last edited by mizzy; 20th Jun 2009 at 12:08.