PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What effect does the new cadet program requirement has on the future of DESO/FO?
Old 20th Jun 2009, 08:42
mizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must be be a single guy in the mid 20. Dont forget Local Tax. Your math is fuzzy, when I was a Capt on a CRJ 5 years ago I made $5800 a month after tax. If you are willing to take it than you can have my spot. Good Luck.

hi flynhigh,

no, i am in my mid 30s and don't get me wrong, what I am talking about is 1yr S/O pay with local package is totally survivable and as well as local pay. i am talking about the CPP, not DE. i believed only people with low or no pervious fying experience will consider and this is what I am talkign about. person like you with thousands of flying hours will not even think about the CPP.

the tax rate in HK is relatively low (approximately 1 month of your average salary), of course extra tax form other country isnt inculded.

so, my opinion is - people with no or low hours

(basic pay)
****ty allowance during initial FL training (free) (+13months in ADL)
USD3.8k - USD5.2k for the initial 3-4 years
some USD 6k - 9k for the next 5 years

vs

paying your own training all the way to CFII/MEI (say USD+35k-40k)
instructing for 1.5 years at about USD2-2.5k
Regional (F/O) or similiar for 2-3 years USD1.8k-3.2k (say 80 hrs)

the CPP still look attractive after all & don't forget, you still have a choice once the contract is finished. And again, I am just talking about the pos and cons for people with no or low flygint hours. experienced pilots are excluded.