PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 02:57
Saltaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmo, EK has obviously worked for you and we can all hear it. But the notion of comparing EK to AA or United, BA is just not a fair comparison and it drives me when i hear it. Do AA, United or BA hire Direct Entry Captains like yourself ? Not a chance.

Do they provide law's safeguarding us here, a sense of community, is there any heart to this place? Can you feel the love next time you drive down SZR? People come here for an accelerated program for faster career progression and extra compensation for the sacrifice. And we deserve every last dollar and more...believe it !

So why would people come now? What is the selling point? Job security I guess only because the rest of the world is in a tight spot. I came for a quick upgrade along with about 2000 other pilots in the last 15 years. If the rules have changed then the decision is different.

I don't regret coming and am happy with my decision but let's not glorify the story. Many people in the right seat would be more than happy staying where they are living in a free society, trusting others, backed by laws, living in cleaner air, and not having to watch their back at every decision.