PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mainland Air
Thread: Mainland Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 00:24
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c100driver
Mainland are open to employing people they have not trained, this is great news as any C cat trained at any other organisation in the country are open to be employed by them?
DON'T try to twist my words to something that isn't there c100driver -you'll only make a fool of yourself. I said -quite clearly I thought- that Mainland's employment practices are no different to any other training organisation in the country. Your initial post seems (to me anyway) to suggest that other organisations do things differently, when you say:

They use this as the big hook to get people to sign up. Remember all Mainland has two ATO twins and all the current instructors what to fly it, so how long do you think it will take to get to the top of that heap?
In exactly what way is that any different to the practices of any other training organisation in the country??? As I've said earlier it is no different. As to your comment re having only:

... two ATO twins...
and:

...how long do you think it will take to get to the top of that heap?
again, I fail to see in what way that is significantly different to any other training organisation in the country. The major point of difference that I see is that those "two ATO twins" are used daily on ATO ops -not just training- and because of that, candidates and students are being taught their craft in a commercial operation, rather than a purely training environment. I'm pretty sure that's something an employer would look upon favourably.

In conclusion then, my reading of your post was that it sought to illustrate this organisation as offering something less (or less honestly) than other training organisations. In my opinion, it offers far more. In fact from your post it seems likely you have never even darkened Mainlands door, far less had anything to do with them, but are posting from perhaps hearsay but more likely supposition, with little if anything useful to add to the discussion.