PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy BA pilots want more dosh
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2001, 04:10
RRAAMJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It is quite extraordinary how many folks on this thread are saying "..good luck, go for it, it filters down...", but on other threads the CX guys are getting lambasted with criticism and pilots saying they want to take their jobs. ( I'm for both sets of pilots IN BOTH AIRLINES, btw ).

The 2 disputes are very much related; I guarantee that Red Oddington is rooting for and communicating with his former colleagues in CX management, both carriers are in OneWorld. The CX UK payscales are supposed to be related to the BA ones. If the CX guys win their dispute, the results will also benefit the other UK drivers. (Pull factors would rise, tempting ship-jumping to CX, after the dust settles ).

I agree with the above commentators who say that the UK pilots are falling behind in pay. Too true. So support your CX colleagues, 'cos they're fighting in no small part for a lot of you as well. If they win, many carriers would have to reconsider their packages, especially those employing expats, and those with multi-tiered payscales.

My three cents worth...(inflation...)