PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What effect does the new cadet program requirement has on the future of DESO/FO?
Old 19th Jun 2009, 18:48
mizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low time pilots will probably be interested for the opportunity to enter a major airline and fly widebodies, even if it means being an SO for 4 or 5 years. But unless they're locals, I can't see them staying on those conditions much past the JFO upgrade with a rating in hand.

Living here as an SO, even on COS99, is tight enough, so I can't imagine how it would be having to pay rent somewhere making 30K a month. They'd be better off coming to HK as english teachers...

I hope they don't expect to get cheap(er) expats that way
hey guys,

there is something i can hardly understand with the current local SO pay. Honest speaking, HKD30k/mo. is = some USD3.8k, which is very close to some junior capt's pay in US regional or similiar. I can survive with 20k or even 15k (HKD) /mo. with a comfortable life (not luxury). yet to mention, this is the 1 year basic pay only and will increase accordingly. you will get about double when you reached 1 yr F/O.

to rent a nice and nearly new condo in Tung Chung cost about 7-8k, allow some additional 2k for internet, TV, h20 etc. you still have some 20k in your account.

after all, who don;t want the expats pay? but what i am try to say is even with local pay, you can survive perfectly. dont forget we are talking people with Zero to low flyign hours.

the CPP = express elevator, 13 moths **** allowance while training in ADL + not bad local terms, some 3-3.5 yrs P2x on wide-body, type rated afterward...

V.S.

you may -
forget paying your own training, forget the ****ty pay FL instructor (1-2years), forget about the ****ty pay regional time (2-3years min)

well...in my opinion, it isn't too bad after all....