PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 23:19
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It shames most of us that certain idiots readily support the notion that we are all merely bus drivers and deserve no more pay than such. Please explain your logic as to how Ryanairs success has been earned by screwing their pilots? I seem to recall that they are amongst the highest paid in the UK. I also seem to recall that whilst Sabena went belly up because of appalling management, their flight crew were on very good salaries for relatively few block hours per annum, a somewhat different scenario to most BA pilots who are on relatively low salaries whilst working relatively high hours by most industry standards. I suspect it is you that needs to wake up and recognise the new economic reality of the industry, the reality that if you don't fight for everything you've got it'll be gone tomorrow. The handover over of long haul routes to a franchise would likely lead to a 3 figure reduction in pilot numbers in BA, then another 3 figure reduction as few more routes go, until ultimately there are no BA pilots left flying BA liveried aircraft. If we're going to blindly accept that then we might as well all quit now. I suspect you must be very happy with your small garden, which is all a bus drivers wage will buy you.

Edited to say that you, of course, won't be on a bus drivers wage because your previous posts indicate that not only are you not a pilot, you seem to have little or no idea what being one actually involves. If you wish to spout your prejudiced, anti-pilot nonsense then please do so on another thread. Come back when you have the slightest bit of understanding of airline economics, you might have something useful to contribute then.

Last edited by Hand Solo; 20th May 2002 at 23:29.