PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPP: open for all nationalities!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2009, 17:02
misu11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not TRUE that HK ID citizens only have cx as thier ONLY way to become a pilot(Got to do your homework guys).Airlines like Singapore Airlines do open up thier cadetship to overseas applicant and HK citizens is eligible as well. How about Cadetship in Etihad? MOre and more airlines are opening up?Have they once talk about " not supporting local jobs " ? The idea is as stated many times in all the post that it really SAVE a lot of money for the company in the long run. You do away with expat benefits in return overseas cadetship work for a minimal wage. WIN WIN Situation here.
Yes, you are right. Airlines must do something to control their cost.
but please check those airline requirement, they need higher requirement for expat applicant. Also, their cadet program are not opened to expat in whole year. When they do cost control, they also have set some rules to make different with expat and local to protect their local. When you read about CX requirement, What did they do? Same requirement with local and expat and they are not 1st priority to employ local.
For this size of company, they should have social responability to protect local labour.

i am sure that if possible, the cathay recruitment people would love to reserve the right for cadet application to those who hold the little white plastic card we call the HKID. however with the direction the company is going, this is no longer feasible. the cadetship is being open to applicants around the world because there is a shortage of locals in HKG who satisfy BOTH the following criteria:

1. they want to become a cadet pilot
2. they have the ability to become a cadet pilot
As I mentioned, there are lot of HK pilot who working in overseas. They have flying license which means the have ability to become a pilot. They even do not mind to apply a cadet program, re-do the training, wouldn't they become a cadet pilot?
But finally, they are kicked out by CX with unknown reason. They have to implore a pilot job in overseas. Are they the same of equal opportunity situation with those expat when expat apply CX?

as i mentioned in an earlier post, if cathay could employ them all on a local contract then it would help them save money. this is, in fact, baking more cakes for all those wannabes out there, right?
Yes, it definitely cut cost with local contract in long term. But what i read from yours post, you said if you meet the standard, you get in CX. CX will open a slot for you. Would you think training is free or very little cost? To trained a cadet become SO, it would cost more than million. In your concept 100 people met the standard, CX will train all 100 cadet. How would it cost? 100 of million. CX is cutting cost, would you think this is the conflict? If there is no competition, why do CX do the many stages of interview with you?

I would think you guy are possibly not a local, even you haven't had any flight training at all. You won't know how much the training cost. You won't understand the expectation of HK wannabes themselves and their family when they invested in the training. You won't know much about aviation industry. For you guy, it is advantage as you can have free training with good pay. You can go back your home country with freeman after you get what you want. But for HK wannabes, how sad the story is because of some 1 taking their opportunity?