PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2009, 15:21
John Purdey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinook

BOAC. Having read Caz's posts over these many months, I think you will find that both he and I (and, by the way, I have no idea who he is), are not too bad at research. As to your own researches, you should read Cameron's letter more carefully. What he said, we are told, in the letter was:
"As I mentioned in my previous letter to you, I do believe that the reputations of the two pilots deserve to be reinstated, as the Lords Select Committee recommended, and in the absence of any overwhelming argument presented to me as Prime Minister that is what I would do".

Yours sincerely,
David Cameron

Time has moved on, and it would be surprising if, when reminded of this half-promise, DC did not refer to the year-long re-examination of the case that was, as a result of the Mull Group dossier, conducted by MOD. He might well then say that this was indeed 'an overwhelming argument' that supported the eventual findings. And since that study was carried out under a Labour administration, it might be difficult for the (likely) opposion to dispute it.
With all good wishes, JP