PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2009, 14:28
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
tucumseh

You make my point; the basic planning had been done by someone else. A full check of what had been done would have revealed exactly where the planned turning point was, and its proximity to the high ground.

Sorry Caz, but I, and perhaps many other readers, think you have been inferring neither of the deceased were present at the planning; that Lt K did it by himself.

The BoI clearly accepted it was a joint effort. At worst, Lt Tapper joined them just after they started otherwise, surely, the BoI would not have phrased their next question the way they did. Based on the equally clear acceptance of his utter professionalism and competence, and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I think it must be accepted that he spent a short time “catching up” on what little he missed (if indeed he missed anything).

If there is a lack of precision, depth and breadth to the BoI’s questions, and a failure to reconcile contradictory statements and evidence (and there is, in both cases), then that merely adds to the doubt as to what happened.

All designed, I’m afraid, to divert attention away from what frightens MoD most. The truth. The aircraft shouldn’t have been in service, and that simple fact sucks in 2 Stars and above; where they don’t let investigations go. Even if one really stretched their interpretation of the regs and accepted it could, just, be in-service, you quickly get to the question – Why allocate a Mk2 to this task when safety critical components were in development, and the crews were still in what the regs call “familiarisation and training”?. That is, the Risk Register MUST have been lop-sided with all the red flags hanging from it.