PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPP: open for all nationalities!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2009, 04:03
misu11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, there are lot of people interested in aviation in hong kong. there are lot of people self sponsered to get the license. but what is the result? most of the people are flying in GA or airline in overseas. don't they want to get in CX? they have tried but kicked out by CX with unknown reason. if you guys say if you met the standard, you would get in. so how come there are lot of people kicked out by CX? don't they know how to fly the aircraft? what is the most important duty of pilot? It is safe to fly to the destination. I think they have shown, otherwise they don't even get a job in overseas.

I believe Cathay Pacific doesn't symbolize Hong Kong Airline at all. It's found by an Australian and an American who started an airline based in Hong Kong.
Even now, most upper level managers are not even Chinese... So what makes it a Hong Kong Airline? I believe CX wanted to hire cadets from foreign country for the longest time.
"ps, lots of cadets are Eurasian, or ABC (American born chinese),or CBC (Canadian born chinese) anyways...'
Please read their website, read how CX do the promotion. If you go to ask anyone in Hong kong" what is the symbol airline in Hong Kong", Majority of people will say CX in 1st mind. same as you are asking same question to australian. they would answer you QF. would you think people will answer virgin blue or jet star in their 1st mind. CX is the symobol of Hong Kong Airline defineity.

As your mentioned, lot of cadets are ABC or CBC. but the point is, they have HK PR ID card. At least they or their family had contribution in Hong Kong. But now, what is the contribution with these international cadet? I can say, have you ever been in hong kong?

If CX want to save money, why don't CX follow QF or other airline? pay part of their own training fee. even though people pay their training fee, I would say lot of hong kong wannabe will still go.

as for Qantas... australia is brimming with low-hour pilots, most of which are devoid of job-hunting opportunities due to the economic recession. even when the economy wasn't that bad, we still had a sufficient amount of pilots to fly the punters around. why would QF or any australian airline need to recruit people from overseas when there are so many local people who would love to (and are able to) have a shot at flying their jets?
In austraila, you guys have other step to fly in GA, but what's about in hong kong? We don't have such opporunity to fly GA in Hong Kong. We have to find the job in overseas. Would we have same equal opporunity with the local to get a job in overseas?

The fact that it is open to everyone now won't hurt your chances.
There is no competition in the selection process between candidates. Cathay has a real hard time finding suitable candidates for the CPP, and has no quotas. It's wrong to see it as competition.
If there are more and more interviewees, they are all met the standard. would you think they don't do any selection? the cake has limited in size, but more people to eat, the chance to eat will be smaller.

I wouldn't think to this way, but CX expats pilot want their kids to get in CX, but actually they are not HK PR, so they may change the policy to accept anyone in whole world to put their kids in.

international cadet is trying taken our opporunity and our dream.