PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 18th Jun 2009, 22:04
FreeBird1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions

A UK based Captain has been dismissed today for promoting union membership with cabin crew. The company accuses him of compromising safety (??)

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is happening here, in the UK, in 2009.

I have taken the liberty to start this thread separately from the other RYR threads, as I believe this requires every pilot's attention, from ANY airline.

The fellow pilot is known within the RYR pilot's community to be exemplary in his job, very experienced and highly regarded. I wish to give him all my support and solidarity here.

The aim for RYR's management is quite simple – instigate fear amongst us! Shame on you Molly. The BALPA campaign is very strong and is gaining great support, the management are now resolving to desperate measures. This is the time to keep a cool head and continue supporting the campaign.

Fellow Ryanair pilots, the time has come to make a difference, to change the system, to liberate ourselves from the bullies. Please join BALPA now, together we will make the difference, together we will face the opposition.

You will later this year be asked to take part in a vote for or against BALPA. I believe this is our last true chance to stop the rot, make no mistake. Remember this vote is confidential, you don't even need to be a member of BALPA.

There is only one bullet left, it's not a magic one, but it's our last bullet!

BALPA - Home