PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 21:55
ILS RWY27L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 1

Kimberly653: Stage 1, as far as I'm aware consists of the following:

- Basic checking [finding a matching string of numbers/letters among five such strings and choosing the two that match, e.g. see below...]

a) ABCDE b) ABDCE c) ACDEB d) ABDCE e) ACDBE

[Obviously you'd choose 'B' and 'D']

- Diagramming [following sets of instructions to rearrange the order of symbols. The '.pdf' NATS should have sent you will contain examples of this.]

- Spatial Reasoning [The old cubes. Looking at a net and choosing the correct cube which could be constructed by using the given net. Again, see the '.pdf' for examples.]

- Motivational Paper [Multiple choice, based on the Word document NATS should have sent you. Nothing too major, but best to learn it properly. It is called a motivational paper after all!]

There may be a very brief personality thing, but don't quote me on that. Sometimes they have it, and sometimes they don't. Also they used to have an ATCO there on the day to give a brief talk and to answer any questions. They may have done away with that, but again, I'm not entirely sure.

I will reiterate what has been mentioned previously in terms of reading the ENTIRE thread to become thoroughly informed of the selection process.

Best of luck!