PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accountancy or Commercial Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 18:03
quant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Now after the degree i am guarenteed a graduate job earning roughly £20,000 per year.
lol lol lol i don't want to put a "downer" on proceedings but your not guranteed anything. Also don't forget to factor in the student loan.

It's a solid plan and i hope it works our for you. My plan was similar (except i studied BSc physics and MSc Physics with maths) and i graduated during the 'good' years with an excellent degree so was able to command nearly £50k starting (countless internship experience helped me also).

My advice:

1) Get a 2i or above (a jeff hurst if possible - if i can do it you can too)
2) In the summer months don't do what most lazy ass students do and drink the whole summer away! - get an internship
3) Try to graduate in the Black - i gave up drinking for 4 years (and eating mostly lol - explains why my ame always says i am underweight)
4) When you graduate with your accounting degree (depending where you go) you probably will be excempt from the some of the CIMA / ACCA exams make sure you get the rest done as early as possible so you're fully qualified.
5) When you're employed your first priority is to pay off any overdrafts and student loans (try to put £500 away for the SL). I put £1K away every month and was able to pay off my loan within a year.
6) Have fun but don't be afraid to tell you friends to sod off during your first 2 years of employment so you can save money to pay off loans. If you have to holiday @ home so be it. When you're back in the black save for training (by then we should be back to normal).

Really enjoying my ppl at the moment (not enjoying the exams though)

Good luck