PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When does a delay become a cancellation?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 17:59
A2QFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When does a delay become a cancellation?

Posting on behalf of a colleague.

Last Sunday we were booked to fly with a well known budget airline from East Midlands to Prague. For reasons I won't go into were told by the Captain that the flight was cancelled and we were all off loaded. We were all then transferred by coach to an hotel in Luton for an overnight stay and loaded onto a flight the next morning from Luton rather than East Midlands. Now we were given a piece of paper by the airline detailing compensation we could claim. One of the claims is in respect of cancellation and we can claim EUR 250 per passenger if a flight is cancelled. Now here comes the sneeky bit; I rang the airline as soon as we got back from Prague and asked how we go about putting in a claim for compensation. They replied over the phone that the original flight wasn't cancelled at all just re-arranged. Now to me the fact that it flew from a different airport on a different day with a different flight number would indicate to me that this was not the original flight. The original flight never left the ground. So battle is about to commence. Any Ppruners experienced any similar problems and how did you resolve it?