PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 15:47
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ref 827 Permalink

Goosequill RE PERMALINK 827 and your question about form 700. I searched my records for a sketch of form 700, but could only find one of Form 700 A. which is a 'traveling 7O0 . As I think it will be very similar to Form 700 I have reproduced it below,and note, that not only as Regle says , it was finally signed by the skipper, but ,only after signatures by the F/E, WOP,and bombaimer It must have been signed as the crew entered the aircraft as I remember checking tyres for creep, and such things as pitot head cover removal after arrival at the dispersal .One ambiguous, onerous?, unfair ?instruction, was to check the general aspect of the aircraft, which covers a multitude of sins,this is an all embracing rule. Similar to safety, health and welfare rules 'ladders shall be of suitable construction'. Ask what this means, and you will be told, "if it is of suitable construction it will not fail, if it fails it is of unsuitable construction

And cor blimey, the poor F/E has even signed that the airframe has been inspected. COMMENTS ?
Wish I still had a shorthand typist.

Last edited by cliffnemo; 18th Jun 2009 at 19:21. Reason: This engineer missed out an H