PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 18th Jun 2009, 14:14
ex-XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was sent the following by my friends & colleagues who are there already:

Salary 25,480 AED per month.
Housing Allowance 16,000 AED per month with which you have to find your own place to live.
Transport Allowance 4,000 AED per month.
Flight pay 150 AED per block hour.

Life insurance 2 years basic salary.
Accident insurance 2 years basic salary.
Loss of license insurance 2 years basic salary up to 62 years of age, then 1 year basic salary up to 63 years of age, after which no cover.

Health care package provided for self, spouse and up to three children.

Education allowance for up to 3 children, which can be claimed to help pay fees at schools outside of UAE. Primary school 30,000 AED per child per year. Secondary school 45,000 AED per child per year.

Annual leave 42 days. One confirmed seat return ticket per year, for self, wife and upto 3 children, from Dubai to the airport nearest your nominated home, nearest that is to an airport that's served by Emirates.

One off moving allowance was 3,500 AED.

There is no pension plan or company contribution.

Don't know how the FO package looks.

If you work 50 block hours per month, for 10 months of the year, with no kids in tow, the package would amount to approx 620,000 AED per year, from which you have to fund all your accommodation and transport and if you have kids the education allowance will not cover all of the school fees for most schools that you'd be prepared to send your children to.

In the last three months the Dirham has slipped 21% against the UK Pound and also slipped 6% against the Euro. My ex-colleagues there also suggested that the whole package is rumoured to have been reduced by 10% on the figures quoted above, plus that the Interline agreement with Emirates is to be chopped which means getting back to home could become expensive and problematic?!

I was thinking of applying but with a worsening exchange rate plus a possible cuts in the T&C's, living in sandpit Dubai is not an attractive prospect.