PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus becoming too "Pilot-Proofed"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 11:54
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the same old story matey, a young pilot who comes from the Airforce or paddock bashing in GA, has learnt the beginning of Airmanship, and hopefully thru scaring the living cr$p out of themselves at least a couple of times, they build on the foundation, a bit like building a wall, no foundation, well its like building a wall half way up, and could have the same result, the whole box and dice comes down around your ears, at some point in time. No I am not a fan of cadet systems, you cannot be taught airmanship, you have to experience it, I don't give a ratz what you are flying, I don't care how many jesus boxes its got, it is still a aeroplane, and is still unpredictable, (as some previous advents have proven) I hope GA and the armed forces continue to be the feeders of young pilots into the airlines for years to come, the thought of pilots coming out of school into sims, given two stripes, and on to a aircraft gives me the creeps, (are they pilots or systems observers)? sometimes the old ways are still the best ways, not always, but nothing replaces experience learnt, nothing at all.