PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 08:33
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

nt639, I am looking left...no chip...now I am looking right...no chip, plenty of fur though!

nt639, what in my previous post is not fact?

Yet another fine set of figures from Essex's finest! Must be hemorrhaging the BAA, how sad! Just look at what a more level playing field (at last) in terms of fees has done to Stansted!

Just how are the BAA or whoever buys it, ever going to pay for runway 2?

Anyway, with little or no investment at Luton, and no long-term investment plan, one has to question the sustainability of the place under longer-term LBC ownership?

Every single passenger flying through Heathrow helped contribute to the construction of the 'new' Stansted facilities, therefore the airlines and their customers were paying more than they needed to in order to use Heathrow. Not a problem apart from the BAA's monopolistic muscle as they were/are still operating Gatwick and Stansted as well.

As for LBC, in the medium term, they did a blindingly good deal for the town's folk, but the 'concession fee' means that the income stream for the incumbent airport operator is funneled into the Town Hall and not the airport infrastructure, thus the 'make do and mend' attitude of late. Luton is effectively in a 'care & maintenance' Programme until the airport is handed back to LBC.

Last edited by Buster the Bear; 18th Jun 2009 at 08:46.