PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 08:02
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you WK for the link to the charts., and tucumseh for the post and PMs.

I think, in summary, I am now even more convinced that there is sufficient reasonable doubt about what happened, based on the total illogicality of changing Waypoints NOT knowing where you were (or, for WK, not being at your 'destination'). Waypoints are sequenced when they are no longer required.

No-one has put forward a reasoned explanation for continuing on course, and since therefore there is 'sufficient doubt' as to why this happened, I will continue to support the campaign to the best of my ability.

As stated many times, I don't think many of us rule OUT the possibility of careless flying - due to the lack of available evidence - but I can see absolutely NO proof that it took place. Also, in my opinion, based on many years of low level flying, that the weather conditions were adequate for the task/route to be attempted and that the crew were competent and able to complete the task.

I understand the planner to have been an RN pilot. Was he ever interviewed by the board?

So, no more LDZ range 'deception' discussion for me, no more 'it was dangerous to be flying that day', no more worrying about 'prac nav'. As others have said, 'negligence' took place at other levels, and that is pretty clear. On with the effort! Bring on Cameron?