PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar does it again!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 07:17
patienceboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If passengers want a spare aircraft and crew on airport standby at every port they will have to pay a damned sight more than $50 for their ticket.

There are so many external influences we have no control over in aviation that other transport industries don’t have to worry about. (Weather, security, airport congestion, missing passengers, crewing issues, etc, etc, etc).

I think that most front line airline employees in Aust deserve a pat on the back for the reliability and on-time performance that they provide in such a difficult environment. So many people are doing such a good job to provide such a cheap, safe and reliable service to the traveling public with what they have to work with.

I would personally MUCH prefer to see fares increased, with better equipment, conditions and customer service – but this is what the traveling public has asked for. If they don’t like it, they should pay the extra to travel with and support a full service airline or soon enough they will be extinct or offer little to no service too. Q aren’t giving routes to J* for the fun of it.

I say well done to those involved in getting everyone to where they needed to be under the difficult circumstances.

Last edited by patienceboy; 18th Jun 2009 at 08:09.