PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacement Pilots Check Here
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 16:35
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrabbits. Picket line, what picket line? Other posts have more clearly enunciated that AOA members have taken your position either Capt or FO. You must see the futility of the ban, it is patently an absurd mechanism for this situation. I would want you to get your job back in a beautiful world but, I am afraid the horse has bolted too far. There was a time when company sympathy was with you and the opportunity for re-employment was there. I know, interview to assess company loyalty and all that. It would have been very unpleasant and still is. Seems this disunion loves tossing the 'scab' epithet about, did so after ASL as well. But is there really an honourable solution to this? Not with the current committee, not with the pilot body becoming more and more fragmented, not with the growing body of opinion against the Claytons ban in force. Check the voting on the 'Is the ban fair' post, twice as many respondents think it is unfair with no upgrade ban provision, and they are right. It is unreasonable in the extreme to expect young aircrew to refuse employment whilst they know that AOA members have taken upgrades etc from within the Company. The courses are filling and I find it difficult to blame them.