PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 20:26
backwardsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re memo posted today

As a first time poster on this forum,but a long time reader,i feel its time to express my feelings regarding the latest base freeze/possible reduncies memo issued today.Im still not sure if BALPA recognition is a good thing,over the last few months i have changed my mind on a daily basis,flying with different captains,who have a different outlook and idea about what it would mean,be it for or against recognition.

However after todays memo,im starting to think this whole thing could be a complete waste of time,will BALPA get in,i dont think so.so this whole thing has just made the conditions even worse,not better!!

Now im getting realy pi**ed off,fair enough,talk of BALPA is great,everyone gets angy,great...but when it starts to effect my personal life well then its going too far,at the end of the day we only get one shot at life,i enjoy 5-4,the money is good,and i dont live for work,i work to live,i have better things to do on my days off than worry about flying etc.i have a wife that doesnt live here,i commute on my days off,im also close to my required command upgrade hours.Now i cannot get the base in the uk i have requested,which is nearer home,i wont get a shot at my command,so my potntial earnings are lost and my wife now hates me and my job!!

I feel that the guys that are spearheading this campaign havent really the same 'issues' as myself,and others,a lowly FO.These are captains,whos familys are close by,they already get double my salary,so a base freeze and an upgrade ban doesnt bother them!!ridiculous!!

At this stage of the game i dont give a damn what happens,things cant get that much worse........oh yeah,loss of allowance and 5-2......i think i will be heading for a divorce....

You talk about dignity and respect,what about the loss of quality of life!!thats more important to me guys!

As other people have commented of other airlines,what happens if/when BALPA gets in?are you telling me that its going to change for the better overnight?i dont think so,to the managment this is a game,they are willing to close bases,remove aircraft,in effect,they are willing to lose money in order to prove a point and to win the 'game',they will never work with a union!

I know im probably going to get a lot of flack from some people on here,especially being a 'first timer' but hey,its my view,and this is what pprune is for isnt it?