PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 18:31
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That will be Level 4 English then I guess ?
Apples and Oranges, of course Air France pay for everything, they are a traditional formerly state subsidised flag carrier, Ryanair are a bunch of cheap skates (now which part of low cost didn't you understand ? )
But, how many pilots do AF recruit in a year versus how many aspiring young men & women make themselves available. By all means be happy AF paid for everything including giving you a salary at a time you were not even productive, but don't be surprised or criticise a low cost base company when they save (or even make money ) on pilot training. If the individuals involved were happy to wait for that AF/BA job to come along and spent some time instead doing something else like Turboprop F/O or instructor, the system wouldn't milk them as it does now. However, even these jobs are in very short supply, and for newbees RYR is fast becoming the only show in town. Because of this you shouldn't be so quick to criticise those who have taken on vast debt to pay their way, they din't have much choice, and do you really think a businessman of the acumen and mentality of MOL would pass up on the opportunity to profit from the situation. I don't think you really understand the big bad world outside of your sheltered existence. I am very happy for you. . . really I am, but try and have more understanding of the real world out there that others are forced to live & work in, maybe in 20 years it might be the same for you ? it is what Mr Sarkozy would dream , non ?