PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TWR job - where?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 15:59
TWR 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi tribekey,

First of all I really appreciate the feedback.

I've contacted a lot of airports abroad and all of them suggested me that their hands are tied until I get my license validated in my native country. Being a foreigner with a valid license would be a different story.

The problem begins with my native CAA who is full with the people mentioned above (political experts who have nothing in common with aviation). My requests to do the OJT for the purpose of validating my TWR license on a voluntary bases (or even if I have to I'll pay for the OJT) but the management is too keen on keeping the new jobs for their friends, family, political friends and such.

Now the OP staff is something else, they are highly qualified personnel who shouldn't be mixed up with the certain management within the CAA...

"it's not what you know in aviation, but who you know".

I'm not even asking for a secure employment at a state run over employed low density unit, just a chance to finish what a started, OJT and nothing else.

Why would this be so hard?

Would I be able to apply at certain places who'd be willing to take a look in my case...At least a chance to prove myself?

Thanks in advance.