PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TWR job - where?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 15:04
TWR 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWR job - where?

Hi everybody, I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

For a short introduction, I'm a great aviation enthusiast who always wanted to be an ATCO. I used all of my inheritance to pay for my TWR course, passed it with the highest marks (from a group of 15 students).

Next logical step was - OJT and validating my license. I contacted a lot of ANS's in many European countries, all of them showed certain interest but ONLY after I validated the TWR rating in my own country.

I've spent much time asking for my native ANS to at least let me do the OJT with no strings attached afterward (employment and so) but I've had no luck. In a sector where there are too many people sitting on their butts doing nothing all day there's too big fear that somebody will come over and take their place with actually working.

Being between a hard place and a rock, I'm trying to find some solution for my problem. Where can I turn to, who shall I ask? South Africa? Serco? All of them are recruiting experienced (or at least) validated licenses.

Maybe applying only for ATCA job would be a smart move to move up the ladder? I'd do whatever connected with ATC just to get my license and "wings" on. I'd even work for minimal income during some time just to get on the track to become an ATCO.

Well if anybody has an advice for a deeply disappointed young man who invested the last dime in something he believed is the best job in the world, put your 2 cents worth.

Thank you.