PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swanwick, Refunds. EZY: "Yes", BA: "No" !!??
Old 20th May 2002, 14:51
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely this is just another example of BA reaping what it has sown i.e. poor , inflexible management combined with little real regard for the paying public.

As to whether giving upgrades when problems occur, sorry but I think that's a red herring. Provided PAX is suitably dressed, does it matter? When you book club you have no guarantee as to how full the club section is going to be. So what does it cost to put someone in an otherwise empty club. Let's be honest, it's not a lot. Plus that PAX would be chuffed to get the seat and might even consider using the airline again.

I work for a company with staff making dozens of flights a year we don't fly BA if at all possible, primarily because they won't consider FOC upgrades. No, we don't have any right to be upgraded but considering the number of flights we make it's a nice gesture which keeps us using certain carriers. Recently did 13 sectors in 11 days to / in the States and went there / back with another carrier because we had a chance of an upgrade. (Got it and boy did it feel good after the US airlines).

Most of the BA staff on the ground and in the air are great but that doesn't make up for the company's arrogant and inflexible attitude.