PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big merged L1011 thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 13:20
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did hear from a fly on the wall a few months back that he was attempting to get two of the ex ATA Tristars.
But watch this one if he needs crews to operate them out.
Last time two years ago with N194at all we had was a ferry permit from the FAA to fly to Amman with a refueling stop in Lisbon.
C check was overdue and no engine A/D accomplished, or alternate means of compliance.
When the aircraft arrived in Amman he started saying that the FAA has certified the aircraft, only paper he had was a ferry permit allowing this 1 time flight.
He never had a C check done or any other required work, just put the aircraft into service flying pax around for Umrah and Haj.
Most of the pilots that remained operating for him were saying, overdue maint is not my problem and continued to fly.
I doubt the authorities will listen to this nonsense of,,, I did not know,,, if something were to happen, they would be hanging the crews.
Would be hard to hear over the screams from the operating crew and Bubba from a African or Saudi jail cell.
Paying the crews was last on his list also, it was always you will get paid tomorrow or when we arrive in Kano, different tale every day.
When we finally were paid he screwed us out of quite a bit of cash, stating no per diem while in Amman because the hotel gave you free food etc.
He also is know for his 747 adventure a few years back not paying the crews.
I hope the FAA pays closer attention to him this time.
But I am sure he will just re register the aircraft in some other country of opportunity after he gets caught again.