PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money problems half way.. Now what?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 13:03
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in an intergrated course, one price from PPL, ATPL, CPL/MEP and then IR.
One Price, all fee's and hoursbuilding plus accommodation all included. if that's not intergrated, what is?
The only JAR Integrated FTO’s that I am aware of are Oxford Aviation Academy, CTC, Cabair and Flight Training Europe in Jerez.

What you’re doing is an ab-initio course where you carry out PPL > fATPL with one training provider. So you’re a full time one-stop modular student.

Integrated courses tend to cost £90k whereas a £45k Ab-Inito course offered by many schools throughout the UK, Europe and the USA (Needing to convert the FAA IR back in the UK of course) is in essence modular training.

You will not get a PPL if you were an integrated student. As a Modular student having gained a PPL and say ATPL GS if you then run out of money after completing your MEP you can simply take a year out of training to earn enough money to pay for the CPL/IR.

When you do put a pause on your training you’ll simply have a PPL with SEP and MEP privileges and the ATPL GS exams completed that will expire in 36 months.

If however you’re an integrated student you’ll study the ATPL GS then go on to the CPL/ME-IR, If you drop out half way though the CPL/ME-IR then you leave with nothing.

So knowing if you’re an integrated student or a one-stop modular student is quite important here.