PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 17th Jun 2009, 12:34
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some facts here...

I often try to be honest a possible about FR, in many cases I will let what is being said be said...but some of this is utter drivel. I'll take a few quotes of certain individuals replying to this thread.

And remember its not a career you are starting with FR its 6 months before you are chucked on the scrapheap and another lamb to the slaughter takes your place.
Utter sh1te. Where are these people who have been chucked out the door after 6 months in FR? In an airline with a rumour mill the size of O'Leary's gob, I have heard nothing..nout...nada on this subject. I have colleagues who are based throughout the FR network...not a whisper from any! To have a matter with such considerable extent not being openly spoken about internally is completely out of character in this organisation.

Something that I find quite ironic is that I have been in FR for nearly a year. Last month I did more hours than I have ever flown during my time at Ryanair. That figure even surpassed the amount that I flew during line training - when my hourly rate was at its lowest (Ohh, and by the way that was an hourly rate I was being paid...not the other way about). So that shoots this little ditty down in flames of glory.

Can you imagine the PA to passengers "and my first officer who is paying us to fly you to Benidorm today is......."? half of the plane would walk off!!!
And to be completely anal, Benidorm is a resort served by an airport called Alicante (ALC)!

And this one...
And remember its not a career you are starting with FR
As much as Ryanair management are critisised (and often righty so I will add) their plans of expansion would be served a massive kick in the jacksy if they couldn't offer and indeed support a career path for it's pilots. Command Upgrades are occuring now....FACT. FOs are encouraged to enter the training department as SFIs.....FACT. TRI/TRE courses are being advertised internally....FACT. The Command Upgrade process is entered after 700 hrs in FR and your second sim after the initial LST....FACT.

In a lot of us BALPA member unionised airlines there are many captains who refuse quite rightly to fly with cadets who pay for line hours or do them for free.
Who is this BALPA member unionised airline that you so speak of....
...it cant be Easyjet, bmi, Thomas Cook or Astraeus. They have all had pay-as-you-fly schemes. Notably Ryanair haven't.

We actually think that a young lad with thousands and thousands of pounds debt hanging over him is more dangerous than any of us egotist pilots you talk about.
So no cadets...who do you work for then? Because the majority of cadets have debt and the majority of airlines employ or have employed cadets.

Listen guys, I understand your plight and wish you all the best, I really do, just so long as it doesn't affect my T's&C's somewhere down the line which one day ultimately it will.
Well if Ryanair pilots are all quite willing to be shafted then you are obviously willing to as well. Your T&Cs are not going to be directly effected by something Ryanair management does. They aren't the benchmark. Plus, if your T&Cs are so rightly important to you then use BALPA (you are a member, right?). That's what hundreds of Ryanair and BRK pilots are doing in the UK right now....FACT. They are fighting for T&Cs, choice of contract, the status of their profession.

What are you and others doing??...jumping on the 'it's all Ryanair's fault' bandwagon. That's one of the easiest things to do in the world. I am sick to the teeth of people from the outside pissing in, creating rumours to unsettle people and in turn suit their own agendas. You and others are totally correct, this airline isn't perfect...but show me one that is! At least there are people out there fighting for change rather than sitting on there arse adding to the lies and conspiracy theories that people seem to get a hard-on over!