PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 10:43
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot VR

Bellerophon, you tried to help clarify the pilot's VR deal, please see your below quote:

"Pilot VR offer is two weeks' basic pay, per year served, capped at 52 weeks."

You are nearly there. We were told that if we had completed 20yrs we would get 52wks basic pay. The top 500 senior pilots were to be sent out the VR proposal automatically. If you were junior to 500 you were able to contact flight ops and request a VR proposal to be sent to you. I am just below the 500 figure in seniority and have 20yrs service. For this reason I think it is fair to say that all "500" pilots would have been offered the 52wks.

Anyone below this would have had to have a formula applied to them as they were probably just below the "20 yrs" service. I do not know what formula was applied and you may be correct that it was 2 weeks pay per year served(?).

I am aware that some of the CC I have spoken to have felt that we were possibly offered a better VR deal than you are being offered. I do not know your full terms and conditions but I can confirm that our offer does not include allowances/flight pay, it is simply based on basic pay.