PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A330 Osaka - Gold Coast
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 07:23
witwiw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt if the A330 does 18 hour flights (and possibly not that many 12 hour flights either - I'd be interested to know) so the number of aerodromes passed is considerably less than you try to make out, Stable Approach. And, of those passed, how many are suitable enroute alternates? As a twin engine aircraft and considering EDTO, it is logical that the rules were followed and an "adequate" knowledge level had been attained by the crews as required and it was not a diversion into an "unknown" airport scenario as suggested.

I've not belittled the crew at all, read post number 30 which is where you'll find my only reference to the crew and their actions. Nor have I said such an event wouldn't be stressful. It is to those posters who can't understand that properly prepared crews would have had a working knowledge of those airports possibly required for a diversion whom my comments are directed.

As for pasting the regulations, it gives those who obviously haven't read them a chance to do so. Simple, really.