PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greedy BA pilots want more dosh
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2001, 12:26
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
Thanks for the offer - but at least you now have collective bargaining power to negotiate reasonable settlements! Management 'greed' or mis-direction, I wonder? Wasting money on a 'global gimmick' deeply unpopular with shareholders and staff alike whilst treating the cabin crew with total disdain was not so much 'greed' by Ayling Bob as crassly incompetent leadership.

However, I'm sure that major airline pilots know that their future is inextricably linked to the company's profitability. Without sound business practices, the scope for large pay awards must ipso facto be more limited; however, success also merits reward!

Incidentally, whether it was you or another of my ex-colleagues with whom I spoke the other day who said "It was bad enough when I left - I don't know how it could possibly have got any worse", but the comment was wholly accurate!

The last thing the long-suffering BA image needs is ill-informed media speculation concerning pay negotiation tarnishing their aircrews' reputation.