PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2009, 01:30
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACARS information.

It seems convenient that we see two ACARS messages concerning AF 444 on the 31st of May, preceding any messages relating to AF 447 -

However we see no messages relating to any other flight, post- the supposed 'last message' from AF 447 at 02:14z.

This leads me to question whether or not there were any further messages from 447.

Surely it would put it to rest, if we for instance had seen the string of messages from AF447 cease, and the next batch from another flight begin (as was seen with the messages from AF 444 leading into the AF 447 messages).

To whatever degree these messages have been truncated, I can't be sure we're getting the complete story from beginning to end.

These are pages 28, 29 isolated from list of messages 256 pages long.

What is shown on page 27?

JLL.
JLL,

I think you're wandering over into conspiracy theory territory here. First off, to my knowledge the ACARS message report that we've seen is not a document released by an official source within Air France or BEA but rather was printed off by someone with access to the AIRMAN system who then made it available to the media. It is that individual who will have chosen what they considered relevant and what not, not any part of the officially involved parties.

Second, if you review the page headers you'll notice that they they include a block that reads "Materiel: AV FGZCP REG". I'm no expert on the system but a reasonable guess is that the output listed below is a result of a search for messages transmitted by FGZCP and hence messages from other aircraft would not be shown. If they were you might see some interspersed between FGZCP's 26 messages. Obviously there would also be no messages to show subsequent to the last one received. As the last message on the sheet coincides with a page end we can't be sure that we are seeing all that there is, but particularly given the unofficial nature of the source can you think of any reason why they might have withheld anything they considered relevant?

Last edited by ELAC; 17th Jun 2009 at 07:33.