PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European ATC experienced controller hiring...BS!
Old 16th Jun 2009, 23:07
tesox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not divulging anything other than facts...there is no spitting involved, everyone was very professional, the standards were exceptionally high, they are very thorough about background checks, abilities etc. I was very impressed with the high calibre of controllers that I met, and the professionalism of the specific people during my negotiation. I am only stating my frustration with a company that thinks it can get quality for cheap, especially for a country that produces some of the highest \9and most expensive) gear in the world. I would have had to take a huge step back in seniority, pay, experience, benefits etc for this to work...why would one do that? I work in a great spot now, I was told from the beginning that my kids private school would be covered, that the salary would be over 105euros annual and that all costs with the move including living bonus would be covered to move there. I wasnt asking for anything more than to be comfortable like I am now. After school fees were assessed by the company, they changed their offer to cover only half of the cost for 3 years...my kids are in grades 4 and 6 and I am not prepared to enter them to a full on foreign language curriculum..they need to continue in english and to receive that over there, it would have cost over 27,000 euro a year for both kids, plus housing living, trips, etc...I would never have made it.

Hey at the end of the day, they cant compromise too much for me, and I cant compromise too much for them, it just wasnt a mutually beneficial opportunity...for someone out there though, I truly think this is an awesome opportunity...perhaps one with tiny little kids, or no kids, or no spouse. It is a great part of the world, and living conditions appear quite high...the work environment looked good, and the salary was quite good as well.

My two cents on my particular circumstance...obviously other people may have had a better opportunity to make it work for them. Im sorry for being so brief and curt this mornings post...didnt mean to offend anyone.
\
Ciao