PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 22:16
regle

To jungle drums

I quote your words " I wish that I had listened more....etc" . My late beloved wife used to say exactly the same thing about her Father, who was in the 1st. World War, was in the trenches and at Gallipoli. But it was ever thus. I was lucky enough to have a very young Father who joined the RAF at the same time as I did. He was 40 and I was 18 so I did not have the, let's face it, boring task to an adolescent of listening to some old Geezer (Probably about forty !) telling war stories. It is only because of this fantastic and accursed thing that I am sitting before ,that we are able to communicate and not waste our hard earned experience to make, I hope , it unneccessary for future generations to undergo the same thing. But I doubt that it will. But I do add one thing that I have said over and over again. KEEP A DIARY,or whatever replaces it in this electronic world. It is to my lasting regret that I did not but I do have six log books so I can refer to them for where I was all those years and, roughly what I was doing. All the very best, Reg.

Last edited by regle; 17th Jun 2009 at 05:47.