PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 18:20
ryand36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm aware that EZY have made the choice that LGW should be their focus and I think quite rightly. They are the dominate LCC at LGW and do a very good job of it too. I'm sure the cash flies in from LGW. LTN is a steady base and I think both FR and EZY live which each other and complement each other quite nicely. STN just seems like a bum fight. With FR winning, hands down.

As you say Anna FR launch routes EZY do well on such as ALC and as a result we now see less ALC flights with EZY. It's obvious FR wants STN to itself just as EZY wants to boot EI out of LGW to keep it all for itself. Understandable and a wise business move. It seems that EZY have made their choice. LGW and LTN. They're now playing the game of let FR get rid of me and I'll go if not I'll just stand still.

I disagree that launching new routes will counterbalance the LGW expansion. STN and LGW have two very different catchment areas. STN - North London and East Anglia. LGW- South London and the south east. Launching flights to the Canaries for example on a 3 times weekly basis shouldn’t effect LGW too much just grab a few more customers off the charters and allow EZY passengers in the east to go to new destinations.