PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 16:46
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JuggleDan;
When you increase "software intelligence", you exponentially increase incorrect specification risks, code complexity, testing costs... If you want a cheap, testable, reliable software, better make it as simple as feasible. You can go for more complex softwares only if you have the extra-money... and are willing to take the extra-risks that come with them...
Superb post - said far better than the point I was trying to make about expense in design. Unfortunately, your wisdom and experience as an engineer commenting on this thread will be ignored so ignorance can prevail. (I haven't had a good laugh in a while until I read some stupid comment about the software not letting the pilot fly the airplane until the ECAM is complete. Someone's stuck in childhood understandings of the world where mom says no desert until you finish your vegetables...

Quite unbelievable. ELAC's post a few pages ago is spot on. The discussion is agenda-driven and some other venue will have to be found for serious, knowledgeable enquiry.

Thanks again for your contribution.

PJ2