PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yes, I know you've heard it all before! Advice please!
Old 16th Jun 2009, 16:06
AndoniP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
betpump5

wise words, it's always good to give young ones who are keen on flying some sort of perspective. however i'll give you my perspective from the other side.

i've always been into aviation since I was young. I did IT at college / university and now work in the city for a trading firm. it has been enjoyable but now i'm dead bored of it and just want out.

i did some flying lessons last year and loved it, and will hope to finish my ppl after my honeymoon in august. then try to go modular, as i can't have a mortgage and go into a fulltime course, much as i'd love to.

captain bolt- go to uni, and enjoy it, these are the best years of your life, you don't need financial hassles this young. do the odd flying lesson to see if you really like it, you may find that you're too scared or just not up to it. maybe do a uni course that gets you your PPL as well. or just get an IT job and eventually realise just how boring it is regardless of the amount you're being paid. most importantly make sure you decide that you want to be a pilot before you have a wife, kids and mortgage