PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money problems half way.. Now what?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 15:40
MikeeGR

Money problems half way.. Now what?

I am currently training with an FTO in the EU, i am a PPL holder and i am half way through my ATPL's at the moment with an 98% average.
Problem is that i am paying the FTO in euro which i convert from pounds, so all this sounded like a good idea before the economic downturn, but now it is all costing me too much, i have already paid out most of the money, and at this rate i wont be able to fund my self all the way, (and thats without an MCC and type rating at the end :'(
My bank or any bank wont give out a personal loan or re mortgage since i am not making enough on part time employment and no one does Professional study loans anymore.
What i am asking for is any advise in the UK on any banks that do provide loans for intergrated courses, (i have already approached all the high street banks) are there any airlines out there sponsoring someone half way down his course, or should i just deal with it, go modular, get a full time job and hope to score a loan that way? Unfortunately i believe i made a poor choice of FTO and should have tried to go through a sponsorship instead of self funding this.
Any advise is welcome, and best of luck to other people on here looking for solutions to their own problems.